Invincible Captain
n***@gmail.com
2020-02-28 20:27:05 UTC
Theres this captain with -29 ac who seems invincible. I tried polymorphing into a nymph, though their ac is too strong to steal. Pet Archon is foiled too. c, g, and t are genocided.

What can I do?
wumpus
2020-02-28 22:03:57 UTC
Post by n***@gmail.com
Theres this captain with -29 ac who seems invincible. I tried polymorphing into a nymph, though their ac is too strong to steal. Pet Archon is foiled too. c, g, and t are genocided.
What can I do?
Will he not drop this loot when killed normally? I see that basilisks are SLASH'EM only - is there nothing else
in nethack that causes stoning? Can you use Medusa's corpse? Can you get cockatrice eggs with wishes
when the monster is genocided? Why on earth did you genocide c and t? (I guess it's more important when
playing pacifist?)

If the problem is not that you want his stuff, but that you want him gone, well, then there's all sorts of options,
many of which don't involve actually killing him.

Hope that helps,
Alex
n***@gmail.com
2020-02-29 04:26:00 UTC
I'm a pacifist tourist is why. g because the last two good games I had ended were lost by squishing a gremlin. :p
n***@gmail.com
2020-02-29 04:27:25 UTC
I'm trying get his stuff (an ascension kit). Captain Larry is actually quite peaceful and usually doesn't bother me...