YASD
Yosemite Sam
2018-08-01 15:23:05 UTC
Fall to floating eye. I'm looking at highlighting these by color. These are acting like speedbumps. I zoom through the maze and run into one of these, it slows me down.

OPTIONS=monstercolor
Line 12: Unknown option 'monstercolor'.

This is the error I am seeing in configuration file. Version 3.6.1

Another reason to play 3.4.3 exclusively?
Patric Mueller
2018-08-08 09:38:14 UTC
Fall to floating eye. I'm looking at highlighting these by color.
These are acting like speedbumps. I zoom through the maze and run into
one of these, it slows me down.
Unless you're Adeon or Tariru, speed running NetHack is not advisable.
OPTIONS=monstercolor
Line 12: Unknown option 'monstercolor'.
This is the error I am seeing in configuration file. Version 3.6.1
I'm not sure what you would expect from that line but no NetHack fork
that has MONSTERCOLOR would consider this a valid option syntax.
Another reason to play 3.4.3 exclusively?
3.4.3 doesn't have MONSTERCOLOR either. MONSTERCOLOR originated in UnNetHack.

Bye
Patric
Janis Papanagnou
2018-08-08 15:48:00 UTC
Post by Patric Mueller
Fall to floating eye. I'm looking at highlighting these by color.
[...]
Post by Patric Mueller
OPTIONS=monstercolor
Line 12: Unknown option 'monstercolor'.
This is the error I am seeing in configuration file. Version 3.6.1
Another reason to play 3.4.3 exclusively?
Config options and UI differences was one reason why I continued with NH-343.
Post by Patric Mueller
3.4.3 doesn't have MONSTERCOLOR either. MONSTERCOLOR originated in UnNetHack.
NAO's NH-343 provides a monster-color feature. My setting for the OP's case is

# monster colors
MONSTERCOLOR=floating eye:cyan

But it's interesting to learn that NH-36x hasn't incorporated it. Too bad.

Janis
Yosemite Sam
2018-08-08 17:06:56 UTC
Post by Patric Mueller
Fall to floating eye. I'm looking at highlighting these by color.
These are acting like speedbumps. I zoom through the maze and run into
one of these, it slows me down.
Unless you're Adeon or Tariru, speed running NetHack is not advisable.
There must have been a few builds where nethack was in real time. That
would be something else. I've heard Diablo called a nethack clone. You
noticed Diablo is in real time?