Picking up coins (NAO, 3.6.1)
l***@gmail.com
2018-08-02 17:23:39 UTC
I'm Back on NAO after a long break. I fired up a 3.6.1 game for the first time. The main thing I notice is when I go to pick up something from the floor, gold is now '$' instead of 'a' Is there any way to make it 'a' again or some other character that doesn't require the shift key? Having to hit Shift and the number 4 key is a lot more difficult (not to mention contrary to muscle memory) than simply hitting 'a'

Thanks in advance.
Benjamin A. Schmit
2018-08-03 08:56:43 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
I'm Back on NAO after a long break. I fired up a 3.6.1 game for the first time. The main thing I notice is when I go to pick up something from the floor, gold is now '$' instead of 'a' Is there any way to make it 'a' again or some other character that doesn't require the shift key? Having to hit Shift and the number 4 key is a lot more difficult (not to mention contrary to muscle memory) than simply hitting 'a'
Thanks in advance.
I tend to use '.' and uncheck things I don't need… At least that
doesn't use shift either.

Benjamin
--
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires.
Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-- Frank Herbert, Dune Chronicles
Jorgen Grahn
2018-08-03 10:51:25 UTC
Post by Benjamin A. Schmit
Post by l***@gmail.com
I'm Back on NAO after a long break. I fired up a 3.6.1 game for
the first time. The main thing I notice is when I go to pick up
something from the floor, gold is now '$' instead of 'a' Is there
any way to make it 'a' again or some other character that doesn't
require the shift key? Having to hit Shift and the number 4 key is
a lot more difficult (not to mention contrary to muscle memory)
than simply hitting 'a'
Thanks in advance.
I tend to use '.' and uncheck things I don't need… At least that
doesn't use shift either.
Don't you mean ','?

Or he can enable autopickup for coins (then disable it later when
he's rich).

/Jorgen
--
// Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
\X/ snipabacken.se> O o .
Benjamin A. Schmit
2018-08-03 11:51:44 UTC
Post by Jorgen Grahn
Post by Benjamin A. Schmit
Post by l***@gmail.com
I'm Back on NAO after a long break. I fired up a 3.6.1 game for
the first time. The main thing I notice is when I go to pick up
something from the floor, gold is now '$' instead of 'a' Is there
any way to make it 'a' again or some other character that doesn't
require the shift key? Having to hit Shift and the number 4 key is
a lot more difficult (not to mention contrary to muscle memory)
than simply hitting 'a'
Thanks in advance.
I tend to use '.' and uncheck things I don't need… At least that
doesn't use shift either.
Don't you mean ','?
Or he can enable autopickup for coins (then disable it later when
he's rich).
First ',' to bring up the pickup menu, then '.' to select all options
there. And if I don't want something, I'll uncheck that.

Benjamin