Stuck priest
2018-07-02 21:46:55 UTC
Chaotic priest. Early shops, early altar (Sting, Stormbringer, enchanted to
+3 or +4), early magic lamp, started with a magic marker, found another one
in one of the shops, a leather drum, a horn (50 $), wand of teleport, wand
of sleep, regeneration, slow digestion, ESP, HP:53, AC:-2. Sounds very good,
doesn't it? - Now the other side of that coin; @dlvl:8, Oracle, ESP-detected
two water demons and... - Yeenoghu! - Access to Sokoban effectively blocked.

Janis
jim in austin
Stick around long enough and Yeenie might summon Demogorgon for you as well...
Janis Papanagnou
2018-07-03 06:17:14 UTC
Post by jim in austin
Post by Janis Papanagnou
Chaotic priest. Early shops, early altar (Sting, Stormbringer, enchanted to
+3 or +4), early magic lamp, started with a magic marker, found another one
in one of the shops, a leather drum, a horn (50 $), wand of teleport, wand
of sleep, regeneration, slow digestion, ESP, HP:53, AC:-2. Sounds very good,
two water demons and... - Yeenoghu! - Access to Sokoban effectively blocked.
Stick around long enough and Yeenie might summon Demogorgon for you as well...
I think that depends on the goals one has. ;-) I'm still striving for an
ascension. (Well, okay, it's still a bit early for famous [last] words.)

Stormbringer meanwhile +7, +0 Mjollnir from a mines bones heap, on the first
mines level a bag of holding, HP:75, AC:-12. Spent my inifinite light source
for an 80% wish, got GDSM, thus MR; now I have the basics to try Yeenoghu.
Not sure whether the drum-scaring will work on Yeenoghu, more so since he's
a covetous monster. I hope my wand of sleep will be effective so that I can
kill him with the +0 Mjollnir in time while standing on a marker scribbling.
So far the plan.

2018-07-04 21:48:39 UTC
[ Lucky chaotic priest met early Yeenoghu ]
Stormbringer meanwhile +7, +0 Mjollnir from a mines bones heap, on the first
mines level a bag of holding, HP:75, AC:-12. Spent my inifinite light source
for an 80% wish, got GDSM, thus MR; now I have the basics to try Yeenoghu.
Not sure whether the drum-scaring will work on Yeenoghu, more so since he's
a covetous monster. I hope my wand of sleep will be effective so that I can
kill him with the +0 Mjollnir in time while standing on a marker scribbling.
So far the plan.
Sleep was not very effetive but the dust-scribbling preserved long enough to
be able to kill him. The bones heap was from a healer and it provided a few
more missing items; an amulet of reflection, a stethoscope, unholy water, and
a replacement for my spent magic lamp. - Can a game be more supporting?!

Janis
m***@yahoo.com
2018-07-07 04:18:41 UTC
[...]
Here's what my advice would be.

LEAVE and never come back!

I've had this happen in other games.

Step 1: Leave and explore ALL other dungeon options before going forward.

Step 2: Take all relevant/important items with you (because you can't come back for a while).

Step 2: Bypass (wand of digging, wand of teleport or scroll of teleport on self and pickaxe down)

Step 3: Dig to victory strategy, or explore each level all the way to castle. Continue dig/avoid strategy to castle.

Step 4: Beat castle with tune/scroll of earth, wand of striking/levitation source. Smash tougher ones with gate or let them drop down hole.

Step 5: Get WOW and get wishes.

Step 6: NOW go back and beat Yehonngu's butt.

But you basically did that, used a wish and got your ac high enough and an artifact or two. So congrats!