Android UnNethack
p***@gmail.com
2020-01-11 22:03:30 UTC
Howdy hackers,

I fell in love with UnNethack (and roguelikes in general) thanks to the amazing Android port. The customisable control panel is terrific and having the Dungeons of Doom in my pocket at all times is fabulous - it's turned into my desert island game!

I'm just wondering if anyone here knows about the possibility of it being updated? The Credits section in-game says that it's based on UnNethack 5.1.0 and is (C) Martin Gustafsson. According to Google Play (where I downloaded it) the app was last updated on 16th July 2016 and is version 5.1.06.

Is there a newer Android version available? If so, is it worth upgrading to?

Thanks!
z***@gmail.com
2020-01-17 15:50:51 UTC
I believe Hurts Nethack app was updated to the most recent software in early 2019. Not too sure about UnNethack. Sorry bud
z***@gmail.com
2020-01-17 15:55:13 UTC
Oops I mean Gurrs
Patric Mueller
2020-01-27 08:25:08 UTC
Post by p***@gmail.com
Is there a newer Android version available? If so, is it worth upgrading to?
There's a pre release on the GitHub project page. If you can install
an APK you can use this.

https://github.com/gurrhack/UnNetHack-Android/releases

If I look at the differences between those releases, there are not
that many gameplay changes. Most are changes to the curses UI port.

https://github.com/gurrhack/UnNetHack-Android/compare/v5.1.0-6...v5.2.0b

But it's always good to be on the latest version, even just for
providing bug reports.

Bye
Patric
--
NetHack-De: NetHack auf Deutsch - http://nethack-de.sf.net/

UnNetHack: https://unnethack.wordpress.com/
i***@drmindflip.com
2020-01-27 13:04:29 UTC
Thanks for your help folks, much appreciated!
ArtUtkin
2020-02-13 14:00:16 UTC
good man thanks you)