The Case for a More Throwable Axe
m***@gmail.com
2018-04-05 06:15:02 UTC
First, lets see the stats of the Humble axe.

Damage vs. small 1d6
Damage vs. large 1d4
Weight 60
Iron. Throwable. +VS wood golem. can chop things.

This weapon is not particularly great melee, and does damage completely in line with other projectiles. (for instance it's slightly worse than a flint stone, but it doesn't suffer breakage. It only outclases knives, daggers, rocks, and darts)

So what I propose, is if the basic axe weighed less (30 to 40, comparable to a spear), and was stackable. Thats all.

That way going Tomahawk mode for an ascension would be not only possible, but really entertaining. And it wouldn't really change much of the game, since its still kind of a bad weapon, with bad distribution. And if by some miracle it proved too powerful, you could just dial it back with multishot restrictions. Limit it to 2 or 3.
jim in austin
2018-04-05 13:50:06 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
I have had similar thoughts about the aklys. It is apparently coded as a
projectile, has a considerably lighter weight, does moderate damage and is
far more plentiful than the axe. The "thonged" bit refers to a tether that
was used to retrieve it after being thrown. Perhaps it could be a "poor
man's mjollnir"? A range of only a few tiles, a reasonable strength
requirement and mjollnir-like chances to bop you on return. Would certainly
add some value to the club skill...