Question about Thoth Amon
Add Reply
a***@gmail.com
2018-10-01 00:39:43 UTC
I wanted to start off my attack on Thoth Amon with something other than melee, but I didn't have any useful identified wands. I zapped an unidentified wand just to see:

Thoth Amon turns into a kitten! The kitten misses!
You smite the kitten! You smite the kitten.
You kill the kitten!

No quest related messages or anything until I picked up the Heart.

Are there any adverse affects to this? A kitten was quite a stroke of luck.
jim in austin
2018-10-01 01:39:13 UTC
Are there any adverse effects to this? A kitten was quite a stroke
of luck.
All future kittens will attempt to steal your quest artifact... =)
Janis Papanagnou
2018-10-01 05:11:27 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
I wanted to start off my attack on Thoth Amon with something other than
melee, but I didn't have any useful identified wands. I zapped an
unidentified wand just to see: [polymorph wand]
You might have wanted to engrave-ID the wand before using it. (It could
as well have been a wand of speed, mind.)

Janis
Harold Hill
2018-10-01 13:47:32 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
I wanted to start off my attack on Thoth Amon with something other than
melee, but I didn't have any useful identified wands. I zapped an
unidentified wand just to see: [polymorph wand]
You might have wanted to engrave-ID the wand before using it. (It could
as well have been a wand of speed, mind.)
Janis
Sometimes, RNG smiles upon you.
--
-Harold Hill