Tons of magic whistles
2018-03-18 08:20:51 UTC
My barbarian (currently on dlvl:34 in Gehennom) has found tons
of magic whistles in this game; grep'ing the ttyrec files[*] he
seems to have found 18 magic whistles![**]

Of course that barbarian has no pets, so they are only polyfodder.

Janis

[*] Sadly the search function of my ttyrec player seems to not
support regular expressions, so I had to resort to grep the raw
ttyrec files. (With such a function I could have identified any
anomalies like the one I mention below.)

[**] Modulo potentially counting doubles that I may have picked
up after unsuccessful polypiles (but I don't recall such events).
Phil McKraken
2018-03-18 23:40:12 UTC
My barbarian (currently on dlvl:34 in Gehennom) has found tons
of magic whistles in this game; grep'ing the ttyrec files[*] he
seems to have found 18 magic whistles![**]
Of course that barbarian has no pets, so they are only polyfodder.
Janis
[*] Sadly the search function of my ttyrec player seems to not
support regular expressions, so I had to resort to grep the raw
ttyrec files. (With such a function I could have identified any
anomalies like the one I mention below.)
[**] Modulo potentially counting doubles that I may have picked
up after unsuccessful polypiles (but I don't recall such events).
Try grepping about it more :-P