Do NH ponies lay eggs?
Add Reply
Jukka Lahtinen
2018-09-09 09:13:11 UTC
I killed a pony, and saw an egg where the pony had been.
For a while I was wondering whether Nethack ponies reproduce through
eggs. Wild ponies should have no reason to carry eggs, since they don't
eat them..
(Yeah, I know, just a random death drop.. but a philosophically funny one.)
Jukka Lahtinen
Janis Papanagnou
2018-09-09 09:52:07 UTC
Post by Jukka Lahtinen
I killed a pony, and saw an egg where the pony had been.
For a while I was wondering whether Nethack ponies reproduce through
eggs.
The egg laying, oviparous monsters are:
giant ant, soldier ant, fire ant, queen bee, cockatrice, pyrolisk,
winged gargoyle, cave spider, centipede, giant spider, scorpion,
long worm, purple worm,
gray dragon, silver dragon, shimmering dragon, red dragon, white dragon,
orange dragon, black dragon, blue dragon, green dragon, yellow dragon,
red naga, black naga, golden naga, guardian naga,
garter snake, snake, water moccasin, python, pit viper, cobra,
piranha, shark, giant eel, electric eel,
crocodile,
Scorpius.

Janis (note: this is a signature, not part of the list)
jim in austin
2018-09-09 12:23:23 UTC
Janis (note: this is a signature, not part of the list)
We don't know that for a fact... =)