Gauging Weapons
Yosemite Sam
2018-06-07 16:50:16 UTC
I'm looking for a weapons guide by class with the following attribute: only weapons that can be raised to Skilled or better are indicated. That is, I want one with "Basic" skills either left off or shaded a color close to what "Unskilled" is indicated by.
Janis Papanagnou
2018-06-07 17:22:16 UTC
Post by Yosemite Sam
I'm looking for a weapons guide by class with the following
attribute: only weapons that can be raised to Skilled or better are
indicated. That is, I want one with "Basic" skills either left off
or shaded a color close to what "Unskilled" is indicated by.
On nh.gridbug.de there's a weapon table[*] that allows you to define
the class played and to select which skill levels shall be displayed.
While it's an old and rotten tool it seems it might at least do what
you want.

Janis

[*] http://nethack.gridbug.de/weapons360.html
FGK
2018-06-09 17:08:25 UTC
Post by Yosemite Sam
only weapons that can be raised to Skilled or better are indicated. That
is, I want one with "Basic" skills either left off or shaded a color close
to what "Unskilled" is indicated by.
it might not be exactly what you want, but are you aware of Kevin Hugo's
weapon spoilers[1]? a lot of good informations about weapons, weapon skills,
and combat modifiers.

[1] https://framagit.org/f6k/nh343-txt/blob/master/weap-343.txt

-f6k
--
They say that f6k's OWI from SDF Public Access UNIX System
& he somehow publish texts on gopher://sdf.org/1/users/f6k
Yosemite Sam
2018-06-09 17:43:17 UTC
Post by FGK
Post by Yosemite Sam
only weapons that can be raised to Skilled or better are indicated. That
is, I want one with "Basic" skills either left off or shaded a color close
to what "Unskilled" is indicated by.
it might not be exactly what you want, but are you aware of Kevin Hugo's
weapon spoilers[1]? a lot of good informations about weapons, weapon skills,
and combat modifiers.
[1] https://framagit.org/f6k/nh343-txt/blob/master/weap-343.txt
-f6k
--
They say that f6k's OWI from SDF Public Access UNIX System
& he somehow publish texts on gopher://sdf.org/1/users/f6k
Clinically speaking I used the page up button to get back to
the top class division, which means that it is secondary to
nethack's ranking of professions. I want to reference you
back to a discussion of the priest using paraphrasing:
"Don't play them often because they are very powerful and
that is bad for you to get used to." Not to cause an influx
of priest/priestess, but wasn't the reason people were
playing Valkyries because they were powerful/easy? My point
is that since priests are the one and only class to follow
Valkyries, shouldn't they have a more prominent grouping in
the weapon's chart?

Other than that, I love it.
Zork Ringmasters
Oh yeah. According to that chart June 27 will be the day to startscum a warhammer into existence.
Yosemite Sam
2018-06-14 20:53:23 UTC
Post by Zork Ringmasters
Post by Yosemite Sam
Post by FGK
Post by Yosemite Sam
[...]
It's tough to get excited about this during a new moon.